With so many options available in the market choosing the best macro lenses for canon can be tricky for normal customers. Consumers can get overwhelmed by the huge marketplace and end in a place by choosing a wrong product that will not serve its purpose perfectly.
The purpose of this review is to avoid misunderstanding and help the customer with a shortlist of the most popular products of the marketplace by analyzing the features, functions, specifications, customers rating, and reviews.
This review section will help you with the selected list of the most favored and trended items of the marketplace where you can easily check the reviews from the actual customers.
Top 10 Best Macro Lenses For Canon
Here are the top macro lenses for canon we picked, check their features.
1. Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras, Lens Only
- 100 millimeter focal length and 1:2.8 maximum aperture. The EF1.4X II; EF2X II extenders cannot be used with this lens. There are no compatible close-up lenses
- Compatible with 67 millimeter filters
- Near-silent Ultrasonic focusing
- Enjoy life-size close-up capabilities without an adapter
- Lens construction consists of 15 elements in 12 groups
- 67 millimetre filter size. Filter Size: 58 millimetre. Lens hood: ET-73
- 23.4-Degree diagonal angle of view
- Canon’s first mid-telephoto macro “L” series lens to include Canon’s sophisticated Image Stabilization
- Inner focusing system with USM and full-time manual focus option. Closest focusing distance 0.99 feet; 0.3 meter (maximum close-up magnification: 1x)
2. Venus Optics Laowa 24mm f/14 2X Macro Probe Lens with Canon EF Mount
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: Despite the long tubular design, the Laowa probe is actually super light and easy to carry. It weighs only 1.04 pounds
- LONG TUBULAR LENS BARREL: For traditional macro lenses, you need to get really close to your subject in order to take a good macro shot. But some areas are just simply inaccessible. Thanks to the 15.7 inches (40 cm) long barrel, you can focus really close to the subject but still keep yourself and your camera a reasonable distance away
- FULL FRAME COVERAGE: The Laowa 24mm f/14 Probe can cover both the standard 35mm full frame and Super35 image sensors
- LED RING LIGHT: Macro photography is about Depth of Field and smaller apertures are usually required. An LED ring light (powered by an optional external battery) is embedded in the lens tip to provide additional lighting for focus assistance
- DEEP DEPTH OF FIELD: The wide angle design also means much greater depth of field at close distances (compared to the telephoto macro lens) so that more background details can now be seen. Being able to focus so close but still have deep depth of field is a big advantage for both studio and wildlife photography
3. Canon RF35mm F1.8 IS Macro STM Lens, Black
- Control Ring for direct setting changes
- Compatible with EOS R series cameras
- Optical Image Stabilization at up to 5 Stops of shake Correction
- Compact macro Lens with 0.5x Magnification Ratio
- Minimum Focusing Distance of 0.56 ft. ; 0.17M
- Mounting type: Canon RF
- 12 pin Communication System
4. Canon RF100mm F2.8 L Macro is USM
- Spherical Aberration (SA) Control Ring Allows Adjustments to Shape and Character of Foreground/Background Bokeh
- Hybrid IS Compensates for Angular and Shift Camera Shake during Macro Shooting.
- Optical Image Stabilizer with up to 5 Stops of Shake Correction**.
- World’s First* Medium Telephoto Macro Lens with a Maximum Magnification of 1.4x.
- High Image Quality and Bright, fixed f/2.8 Aperture Telephoto Macro RF Lens
5. Canon EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM Lens
- Hybrid IS helps reduce camera shake for enjoyable handheld photography.
- Stepping motor (lead screw-type STM) helps provide smooth and quiet operation when taking photos, and near-silence when shooting videos.
- Built-in Macro Lite which, when enabled, automatically supplies light to your photos as needed, helping to provide a better sense of depth and dimension.
- Light macro lens featuring Image Stabilization for EOS M series digital cameras.
- Autofocus lens capable of focusing at infinity in normal shooting and macro shooting with up to 1.2x magnification.
6. Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro Lens for Canon SLR Camera
- A hood adapter, lens hood, front & rear lens caps are included with the lens
- Designed for use with full frame digital SLR cameras. May also be used with smaller APS-c size sensors with a corresponding effective increase in focal length to about 150mm with most cameras
- Focuses down to 1:1 magnification ratio at its closest working distance of 12.3 inches
- Filter size 62mm
7. Venus Optics Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Ultra-Macro Lens for Canon EF Mount
- MACRO SHOOTING: The compact, lightweight, and versatile high magnification Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5x Ultra Macro lens from Venus Optics is specially designed with an extended working distance. It is optimized for macro shooting between 2.5X – 5X life size and allows sufficient lighting on the object for easier shooting in the field
- MAGNIFICATION: Wide-angle design with magnification range from 2.5 to 5X benefits the high magnification design by providing greater depth of field compared to lenses with telephoto or longer focal lengths. Moreover, it offers manual focus operation for precise control over focusing distance when working with close-up subjects
- CLOSE-UP IMAGING: Dedicated to extreme close-up imaging, this lens is a specialized macro lens for photographing subjects at magnifications greater than life-size. Specifically developed for macro photography, this lens is designed for use within a 2.5:1 to 5:1 magnification range for producing greater-than-life-size imagery
- OPTICAL DESIGN: Complementing the close-up capabilities, the optical design incorporates 8 elements in 6 groups with an extra-low dispersion element to deliver an unprecedented corner to corner sharpness. This dispersion element reduces color fringing and chromatic aberrations for a high degree of clarity
8. Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Lens
- Slimmest and lightest lens of the EF S series
- Circular aperture (7 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds
- This product is compatible with all non full frame Canon EOS digital SLRs
- Focal length & maximum aperture: 24 millimeter 1:2.8, maximum magnification of x0.27
- Wide angle lens for Canon APS C cameras (equivalent to 38 millimeter on a full frame camera)
- Minimum focusing distance of 0.16 meters /0.5 feet
- Full time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in One Shot AF mode
9. Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS (Optical Stabilizer) HSM Lens for Canon EOS Cameras
- Thermally Stable Composite construction
- MPN: 884101
- 7 diaphragm blades
- Color: Black
- 72mm filter size
- Brand: Sigma
- Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM Lens – Lens Hood(LH-825-03) – Front & Rear Lens Caps – Sigma 1 Year North and South America Limited Warranty (3 Year USA Extended Warranty for a Total of 4 Years from Date of Purchase)
- Minimum focusing distance of 22cm/8.6in throughout the entire zoom range
- 72mm filters
- Lens Series: Sigma DC
- Maximum magnification ratio of 1:2.9
10. Canon RF 85mm F2 Macro is STM, Compact Medium-Telephoto Black Lens (4234C002)
- Maximum Magnification of 0.5x and Minimum Focusing Distance of 1.15 ft.
- Bright f/2 Aperture Mid-telephoto Macro RF Lens with Beautiful Bokeh.
- Hybrid IS Compensates for Angular and Shift Camera Shake during Macro Shooting.
- Control Ring for Direct Setting Changes.
- Lens compatible with Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras (EOS RP, EOS R, EOS R5, EOS R6)
- Optical Image Stabilization with up to 5 Stops of Shake Correction.
How to Choose the Best macro lenses for canon: Buying Guide
When it comes to choosing the right macro lenses for canon, you should be assured that you are making the right choice. Understanding about the product before buying it is the most important part. Sometimes with so many options, evaluating the right choice at the right moment can be problematic.
So, check out the buying guide to overcome all the hassle of finding your best solution.
Features of the macro lenses for canon
The first thing to check out on any product is the feature. You have to locate the useful features that will come in handy in your needs. Sometimes a product can be filled with tons of features to look good on normal eyes but their features can be worthless in practical use.
So, before choosing the right item you need to evaluate the features from the feature section and the description section to see if you are going to use them or not. If the products come with some of the efficient features, you can undoubtedly choose them.
Check the Specifications
Sometimes, we don’t have enough time to check on the specification section and are quickly drawn to buy a product. While the products we are suggesting here are the best ones according to the users, we still suggest taking a look at the specifications.
The specifications of the macro lenses for canon will let you informed about the uses and advantages of using the products. You can then determine if that can fulfill the purpose of your needs.
Yes, there can be a few problems understanding the whole specification section if it is too long. What we suggest is to look for the key features, performance, how much the products going to cost and their after-sale services.
Design of Product
The market is full of wonderful products, and it can be tough to decide which one to choose. However, the first impression you can make of the item is the overall design.
You can check out the material, finish, color, and other visual aspects of the product to get a taste of the manufacturer. If you like the overall design, you can check out other factors before choosing the item.
Seller Rank in the Marketplace
If you buying the products from our shortlisted table, then one thing you can consider is to check the seller rank. A trendy and growing product means it is delivering good performances to most of the customers.
And better trends and growth of selling means better seller rank. And macro lenses for canon from a good seller rank will ensure not only good quality of the item but also a better after-sale service and good warranty service if available.
Durability and Stability of the Product
You need to check out the description and reviews section to see how durable and stable the product is. A good product will be durable, will last longer, and will provide stable uses throughout its lifetime.
The macro lenses for canon we have suggested have mostly been made in a way to last longer with providing stable performance in uses, but the best thing is to click the item and check out the stability and durability according to your personal need.
User Friendliness and Comfort
No one wants discomfort and critical toughness when using a product. Comfort is one of the most important considerations when choosing the macro lenses for canon. Most of the products that are selected in this article are popular which means have better served the most users.
So, we are certain that these products are comfortable and user-friendly enough to satisfy most customers. But you can watch each of the products on our list to see which fulfills your satisfaction the most.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the Price Range for macro lenses for canon?
The item can come with several cost ranges. The price can go up depending on the quality of the items and the ability to last longer periods, functions, specifications, features, and reliability.
The modern marketing trends have left us with little clues on the actual price. Sometimes a product manufactured cheaply can cost a lot more than a quality one. Some manufacturers spend more on marketing than manufacturing creating better reach and less quality.
So, you should compare the price of the products from our review segment to select the best features, quality, and performance of the product in a certain price range.
Why Should You Buy the macro lenses for canon?
If you need an item, then understanding the scenario is simple. But if you are not, then think sensibly if the benefits of this product will certainly fulfill your need. Ask yourself, why do you want to have the product.
What we have suggested in our top pick is the best items according to many users. If you have made up your mind, then you can read the reviews of the customers before choosing the right item.
When Should I Buy a New macro lenses for canon?
There can always be a question if:
Is it the right time to buy the macro lenses for canon, or you should wait for few times to see if the right products have been launched to serve your need?
It is pretty difficult to determine if the products that are actually on the marketplace are the best, or the best items are yet to come. But the suggested products are popular and have very good reviews from a lot of customers.
So, if you need the product right now, wasting any time is not sensible.
Which Type of macro lenses for canon is the Best?
There are different types of macro lenses for canon in the marketplace. Understand your need first. Which type of this product will be most beneficial to you. You can also go through the product list and see their reviews, pros, cons, and then select the best type of items for now.
I hope our product table, review section, and buying guide will help you determine the right items for your need. If you are looking for the best macro lenses for canon then there are multiple options from our product list.
You can go check out the short features of these items from our review to pick one or two to check for further reviews. Click these products and see the reviews of the customers, description of the products, and rating of it to make a final decision for buying it.